contoh analisis puisi bahasa inggris

00:27 Fatihurrahman 0 Comments



“ANALYZING A POERTY”

FINAL PROJECT
ENGLISH POERTY

Submitted to fulfill final project

Lecturer:
Muzakki Affifudin, M. Pd

  
By:
 FATIHURRAHMAN
(12320105)


STATE ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY OF MALIKI MALANG
ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LETTER DEPARTMENT
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
JUNE 2014

Why I love you?
By Udiah (witness to yah)
 analized by Fatihurrahman

You give to me hope
And help me to cope
When life pulls me down
You bring me around
You teach me to care
And help me to share
You make me honest
With kindness the best
From you I learned love
With grace from above
It's for you I live
And I want to give
You are the reason
That fills each season
When I hear love I think of you
You are my world and best friend too
I love you because you are so kind, thoughtful and caring
I love you because you are so pleasant, lovely and sharing
You made me the man I am
Thank you



LOVE, talking about love always relates to all creatures in the world, because love is belongs to them, especially human being. Therefore, I am so attracted to talk about love, no life without love, sweet-bitter, that’s love. I myself sometimes fall in love. This poem also matches with my love experiences for someone in my past day.
After reading this poem ‘why I love you by Udiah immediately I recalled my memories in the past about my love experiences that I had ever undergone when I was in senior high school. Then, I could correlate with my own experience with this poem. Because I am sure that every human must love each other include the author himself. From this poem I could say that the poem is fully of love. I could observe from each stanza of the poem.
I would like firstly to analyze the title, “why I love you?” to me, the title stars from question word “why”. Based on the Cambridge dictionary third edition, the word “why” is defined as the question word which used for asking what reason about something, such as love, life, and hope. So that is why I correlate with the title of this poem which uses question word “why”. Therefore, the poet must have reasons, as I could analyze in the stanzas of the poem. All of the stanzas consist of the reasons from the poem’s title above.  On my interpretation, probably the poet tries to show us that love is always has reasons and tries to tell us when someone loves someone else. Then, they should have a clear reason why do they love someone. The common reason is that, could be both physical appearances; such as beautiful, thoughtful and inner beauties; such as kindness, honest, care, pleasant, lovely, and sharing, as stated in the second stanza and the fourth stanza of the poem. This poem incorporates about what is the real love. It means that we should protect our partner from everything which is dangerous. It could also change someone for more stronger than before.
Like many other sonnets, this poem“why I love you” has divided into fourth stanzas also has some intrinsic meanings such as stated in the stanza one line two (“When life pulls me down”) and it makes me confused to analyze its meaning. But I could guess, even I am not sure, it means that he really gets difficulty in life. “When life pulls me down” is also kind of figurative language, it seems metaphor. The first stanza, generally talks about how the person she/he loves was able to save the speaker’s life mentaly.

The second stanza, in line 5-8 (“You teach me to care, And help me to share, You make me honest, With kindness the best”).The man tries to learn how to be an independent person. He learns from someone who extremely cares about his complexity. Probably a person who helps him, may be a person who used to have the same bad fate in the past but already changed become the strongest. She really knows about his friend’s feeling. Therefore, she wants to help him to be the strongest one. A metaphor in line eighteen (“you are my world”)show us about the man’s feeling to someone who helped him such like a world (he tries to figure of speech compares directly to the world). How big his sense is!He could not think about anyone else, except her. Because of his feeling is full of love to her. On the other hand, he is blinded of her love.
So far, the poem has portrayed, life has its own way to give love to someone when it needed because love is basic necessity of life. When someone does not know about the meaning of the real love, God gives him a girl who would render a sense of love. I take the next-two-last-line, to mean line nineteen (“you made me the man I am”) indicates that he really thanked to someone who helped him in difficulty of life, in case of changing his characteristic from weak to become strongest than before he met his. From a man who are weak, pessimistic become an optimist person about the value of life.



0 comments: